Sunday, December 23, 2007

Back in Blackpool




I'd just like to make a point of mentioning my last night taking smoking pictures.

It was one week before November 5, when Blackpool's famous illuminations go dark.

I wanted to get some street light shots before I hit the pubs - but it was raining and very windy and I ended up wasting a couple of hours. Nevermind.

On Pieter van der Houwen's advice I was looking to get more portraits. I did get a couple.

But I'd like to pay my respects to the lass with the orange hands from Yorkshire (Barnsley or Doncaster - I can't remember. I bumped into he outside the chippy. And then there was the shoeless bunny girl with the panda eyes sitting on the step outside the famous Tower Lounge. 'What? You wan't to take a photo of me looking like this?' she asked, as sweat dripped down the side of her smudge-make-up face.

I don't need to answer that question, do I?

No comments: