Sunday, November 29, 2009

Shortlisted: Travel Photographer of the Year 2009

You can travel right around the world.

You can cross four continents.

You can take some fantastic photos*.

And you can get nominated for the 2009 Travel Photographer of the Year awards.

But where in the world were my four short-listed images taken? Himalayan mountains, Bethlehem, Kiev, Tunis or Topeka.


None of the above. 

The answer is, of course, my favourite frivolous weekend destination, the hardcore venue that everybody loves to hate and the place where brash meets trash with appealingly appalling consequence. Yes, it's Blackpool, Lancashire.


This week I sent off my four prints (excellently done by Genesis in London) to the TPOTY organisers for final judging. The result is announced in December (though possibly not on this blog if I fail to bag the first-prize trip to China).





NOTE: The above image was can be seen elsewhere on this blog. It is one of the images in my short-listed submission to TPOTY's Homeland category.
* The term 'fantastic photos' is not necessarily the opinion of this photographer and his over-inflated ego.

1 comment:

wintersong said...

Fantastic is not the word for you Mr Cook - your work regularly transcends words. You're beyond brilliant. But then I am your bird and have to say that, really.